Saturday Nature Walk -- 10-11:30 a.m. Join us on your…
Climbing Wall Hours -- Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. The Swaner…
Caine College of the Arts and the Leverhulme Trust…
Black Mountain College: Shaping Craft + Design. This…
Nonresident Freshmen Scholarships
Academic deadline: December 2
Involvement/Need-based deadline: February 1
Academic scholarships will be awarded after the December 2 deadline. Because the number of scholarships is limited, students will be considered based on the index score they have earned as of December 2. Consideration for academic scholarships will not be given to any applicant after December 2 excluding the Nonresident Waiver. Recent legislation has provided new nonresident waivers to students that meet the academic qualifications (see below). All multiple-year awards apply to nonresident tuition for the first year and resident tuition for any remaining year.
To be considered for scholarships applicants must:
- Apply for a Fall semester
- Be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status
- Attend Utah State University Logan Main Campus. Students applying for online or other USU locations, including USU Eastern, are ineligible.
- Be a new, first-time student to Utah State University. Returning students and Distance Education students do not qualify for academic scholarships at the Logan campus. Concurrent enrollment are still eligible for scholarships.
- Have an intent to graduate from Utah State University
- Major in a USU program (i.e. students majoring in nursing from Weber State are not eligible for Utah State University sponsored scholarships)
- Students planning to defer their attendance to USU should apply for Fall 2014 to be eligible for scholarships.
All multiple-year awards apply to nonresident tuition for the first year and resident tuition for remaining years. Students are encouraged to gain residency during their first year.
Scholarships are effective for Fall semester 2014 and are subject to change. Index scores are determined using the non-weighted GPA without rounding up. Academic scholarships will not be awarded to students who apply after December 2. December ACT scores will NOT be eligible for scholarship consideration.
4 years, full tuition and student body fees
133-142 index score
2 years, full tuition
129-132 index score
2 years, $15,000 ($12,000 first year and $3,000 second year)
126-128 index score
1 year, Approximately $12,000
113-125 index score
Application Deadline: August 1
- American Falls
- Bear Lake
- Marsh Valley
- North Gem
- Raft River
- Snake River
- Soda Springs
- West Side
- Big Piney
- Green River
- Mountain View
- Star Valley
Deadline: February 1
1 year renewable up to 4 years - full tuition and student body fees
108 Index/21 ACT minimum
Portfolio and separate application required
University Ambassador Application
Deadline: August 1
4 years, nonresident differential ($12,000)
At least one parent or grandparent who graduated from USU
Deadline: February 1
See Alumni website for details
All multiple-year awards apply to nonresident tuition for the first year, and resident tuition for remaining years. Students are encouraged to gain residency during their first year.