Participation and Completion Requirements
To have your name in the commencement program and participate in commencement, the following must be done by April 4, 2012.
- All graduation forms must be completed and submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. Graduation forms include the commencement data card, Diploma Fee Payment form ($15), and alumni file card. Plans A, B, and doctoral students will receive these forms at their final defense. Plan C students will receive these forms in the mail after the Graduate School receives their Completion of Requirements (Plan C) form.
- Plans A, B, and doctoral students: Students must have had a successful defense, and the signed Record of Examination form indicating such must be returned to the Graduate School.
- Plan C students: Your department will submit a Completion of Requirements (Plan C) form to the School of Graduate Studies during the first 4 weeks of your final semester.
If the steps outlined above are completed after April 4 but before April 27, you may still participate in commencement, but your name will not appear in the commencement program until next May.
Degrees will be posted as spring completions for the following:
- Plan A and doctoral students whose theses or dissertations are taken to the library for binding and return their binding receipt to the Graduate School Office by May 4.
- Plan B students whose project is taken to the library, return their binding receipt to the Graduate School, and whose department submits a letter of completion by May 4.
- Plan C students who finish coursework this semester and whose department submits a letter of completion by May 4.
Click here to view a PDF of the Degree Completion/Commencement Deadlines sheet.